Monday, September 28, 2009

Red Day

The whole world probably knew that Sydney got hit with red dusty storm last week. We had experienced just that. Just imagine waking up by a red glare from the windows..it felt so strange and of course one thing came in mind was that.."nak kiamat ke ni?" or "armageddon?". Luckily the sky gradually turn blue near midday onwards. Just imagine if we got stuck with this kind of environment. Surely it's sucks. A few of my FB friends (who didn't live here) told me that Sydney look beautiful in red. Yeah..try living here..outside the house..inhale the odour..how nice is it my friends..what a *&^(**& commment. But I did having fun in the house, didn't go to uni but doing the thesis write-up. I was not dare to brave that reddish particles of iron oxide.

As quoted from Nine news:
"Up to 75,000 tonnes of dust per hour was blown into the waters off the coast and particle pollution was the highest on record - over 15,000 micrograms per cubic metre at times, when a normal day would see less than 20 micrograms"

-padanlah merah sangat lah mak ngah!

Here were some pictures being captured by my hubby just outside our unit. It was red and dusty but not that stormy. But..yea..what an experience. Berangan lah as if kita kat Mars.









And you know what..what a coincidence that I already had used the front cover of Sydney Bridge in red background (on top of this page) way before the dusty phenomenon came. Never I thought that it will become a reality. I think I will change the background in rainbow colour after this.
Ok that's it for a short update..got to continue writing my thesis chapter..uarghhh!

No comments: