Monday, December 28, 2009

Four funerals and one wedding

December has been a significant month for me since first and foremost is that I was born in this month. Next, there are a lot of significant events happened in my close knit family during this month both sad and happier ones.

One of the saddest things that happened was just yesterday (27th Dec.). One of my beloved uncles; Arwah Uncle Ali had passed away due to acute leukemia. May Allah bless his soul dan semoga rohnya berada di kalangan orang beriman dan beramal soleh. He had been sick since last year and the last time we saw him was when we attended my little sister Cik Ayu's wedding sometimes in June this year. He looked skinnier than ever i.e tinggal tulang lah kata orang melayu but he still managed to be so talkative; especially talking about the past. He got a kidney problem at that time that he must performed dialysis like three times per week. He left a wife (my mom's eldest sister - infact eldest among her six siblings) and a daughter. He's such a significant figure in our family since he was the one who would recites the do'a at our dining table before the guys in our family when for sembahyang raya (pray during eid seasons) every year. Infact, when he was still healthy, he would lead a group of peoples to perform umrah in Mekah almost every year but not for the past two years due to his illness. I can say people would regards him as an alim since he was also a bilal (if I'm not mistaken) at the mosque near his home and also my atuk's home when I was a little kid. Now, without him, who would be the leader who will recite a fluent do'a. My husband?

We also had lost another uncle (my mom's brother) and my father in law last year. Last year also I had been notified that my ex-boss passed away in this very month due to some sort of liver cancer. He was my first boss who took me in the current workplace for a contractual officer post and the one the promoted me to persue my PhD degree. All these people that used to be the "regulars" in my life now had gone. I feel like I'm getting use to loose someone that is closer to me and it feels just not right (I had lost my father for 11 years now and that was one of the lowest part in my life until I got married). Even it's sound cliche if we say that "yang hidup pasti meninggal dunia" or everyone will certainly die one day but it is timely to rethink about life after death and have we prepare ourselves towards it (which most of the time we tend to forget)..and say alhamdullillah (thankful) to what we have got plus live life smartly to the fullest for a good cause. Maybe after this, you never know who'll meet the "malaikat maut" or death , maybe me? you? him? another person closest to you. Let's not taking life for granted.

Innallillah and al fatihah to these family members of mine whom had passed away.
Also, happy wedding anniversary to Aunt Nah and uncle Man on 25th Dec.

No comments: